Monday, November 12, 2007

the ancient paths


"Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls." --Jeremiah 6:16


Went to a three day seminar in Spokane called the Ancient Paths with Joan, Jamus, Joel, and David.
I came back feeling like I'd shed a veil of gloom on the windows of my spirit. I think the others felt the same.
Jamus unburies something dark and grievous and for the first time in my life I begin to understand why I survived what I did: I can offer compassion and understanding on a level that many can't.
Joanie trembles under the weight of her burdens and we wonder why it took so long and lavish all the love we can muster on her.
David sniffs (as stoically as a guy who's about to cry can) and I'm so so proud of him.
"Hey, princess." Joel says, and his face is open and beautiful.
I am so glad we got to walk that path together.

No comments: